This policy was last updated on May 5th, 2023.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. You may find the latest policy on the Beep Site (the “Site”). If you keep using the Beep Site after a change, that means you accept this Policy.
Who Is Beep / Small Android Phone Project
Beep Technology, inc. (together with its affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, team members, employees, officers, directors, and community contributors — collectively, “Beep”, “the Small Android Phone Project”, “we,” or “us”) is a community driven technology project out build a small premium quality phone, associated services, and products (our "Services").
What is the point
This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
Before you use or submit any information through our Services, please review this Policy carefully.
What We Collect
Beep collects information in multiple ways, including:
- When users provide information directly to us (when setting up an account);
- When we passively collect information from you (such as from your browser); and
- From third parties (such as our payment provider)
In order for you to create an account on Beep and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information you provide by completing forms on the Beep site — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of our Services, subscribe to our newsletters, complete surveys, submit content to Beep, back our project, or if you contact us;
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through our Services. Beep partners with other companies (such as Stripe) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. Beep doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Beep (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site);
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, in the form of traffic analytics. This includes Google Analytics;
- Your communications to Beep (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to Beep’s platform, such as comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; and
- Demographic information—such as your age, gender, and nationality.
How We Use Your Information
There are certain circumstances in which Beep may share your information. Beep will seek to share the minimum amount necessary where your data is shared with third parties. The circumstances in which Beep may share your information are as follows:
- Consent: Beep may share your information to any third parties based on your consent to do so.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. This includes, but is not limited to recruitment, marketing, customer support, legal services, fulfillment services, data storage, data analysis and processing.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with current or future affiliated companies, including but not limited to business transactions, such as corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisitions, reorganization, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, or our affiliates (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Aggregated or De-identified Information: To personalize your experience, we may share de-identified and/or aggregated data to third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and/or others.
For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep Beep and our Services secure. Beep may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
Beep analyzes how users interact with our Site so that we can better understand what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
Information that’s shared publicly
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on Beep, containing your username, the date the account was created.
If and when we create features that allow public interactions, your username, applicable content, and following information will appear with such public actions you perform on Beep:
- Your account username, and the date the account was created;
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, your location, website(s) added);
- Your backing, participation, support, and/or contribution to the project;
- Comments and content you’ve posted on Beep or associated communication forums (eg. Discord); and
- Credit and recognition for support of the project.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Private profile information,
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Beep’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors, or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites).We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information that’s shared to protect Beep and comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Beep’s legal rights, property, or the safety of Beep, its employees, users, or others.
Links to other websites and services
Users residing in certain jurisdictions, such as the EU and California, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information.
At this time we do not have sufficient resources to offer a self service option. To request, modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please reach out to our support team. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and protect Beep’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
International Data Transfers
Beep collects data about website use through our own server logs or through other types of tracking technology.
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device when you visit a website. These text files are then processed and stored by your web browser and store information about your use of Beep’s Services. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are little snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites and in email that help us learn how you interact with our site and emails.
Some tracking is necessary to make the Beep Site function properly. These technologies also support security, analytics and an improved user experience.
Depending on your browser and settings, you may be able to accept or decline cookies. It’s worth noting that blocking or deleting cookies may prevent you from using most of Beep’s Services.
Beep wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and you can manage any marketing notifications we send.
Beep will send you an email relating to your transactions on Beep. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our emails or reaching out to our support team.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We look to industry best practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Beep cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use Beep on their own. Beep does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 and children under 16 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.